AYCD Career Day Expo
AYCD have embarked on a programme to reach our Nation’s Youth, firstly to engage them in lifeskills workshops in schools, and secondly to train, inform, develop and mentor them as young leaders for a better Africa.
We hosted a Career Expo in Midrand on the 18 August 2012 in partnership with a number of different NGO’s, Colleges, Organisations and Businesses from Midrand. This year’s theme was: “BELIEVE IT! ACHIEVE IT!”
The purpose of this event was to make our youth, particularly those on their way out of school, aware of their different options after school, be that study, work or Gap Year Programmes. We realized that many of our young people are not fully aware that they do have options, and we feel very privileged to be able to expose them to these options. The day's programme included Motivational Speakers and Stalls or Ad Centres representing the various institutions involved.
Here are some of the questions that were answered:
• How and why did you choose this career?
• Describe a typical “Day in Your Work Life”?
• What are the most and least rewarding aspects of your job?
• Would you choose this career if you could make the decision again? What (if anything) would you do differently?
• What do you wish you knew (but didn’t) when you first contemplated this career?
• What are the best opportunities for someone entering into your career?
At the end of the day the learners left informed and motivated to reach for their dreams. Thank you to all the speakers that attended and sponsors.